Katelyn has arrived!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, September 30, 2008

The Apple Doesn't Fall Far From the Tree -or- Spirit Week.

This is Homecoming Week at our school district. Michael - who rarely takes an active part in "extra" school activities - shared with us last night that today would be "-er" day as part of the dress-up theme week that always precedes Homecoming in our high school. When I took him to school this morning, we saw a runnER, a plungER, and I'm told that my nephew Christian was a gangstER.

Well, Michael chose to dress up. I was shocked and pleased! What did he choose? Something not far from his heart, but oddly enough, close to my heart as well. Now, mind you, this entailed a new bandana, wristbands (which Jonathan had on hand), one hoop earring, and best of all: I made him up with eyeliner before school! What a kick I got out of that!

Michael was: an 80's Metal DrummER:

Photobucket

1 comment:

Jill said...

Too bad no one had a Poison shirt for him to wear...