Katelyn has arrived!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, September 1, 2008

Joining the Blogging Masses - or - Conformity.

So... summer has ended and school has begun. We've had a fabulous summertime including a two-week vacation which included driving to Oregon and back.

All three kids have begun school for the year. This year, we have a sophomore in high school, a sixth grader, and a first grader! Open House night was problematic, needing to visit three schools in the 90 minute time frame, but we managed.

I continue to enjoy working weekend package; this requires me to work two 12 hour shifts overnight on Saturdays and Sundays, but those are the only days that I *have* to work. I appreciate said schedule for how this allows me to be more available to the kids for weekday activities such as school activities, dance lessons, sports and so on.

Lauren (11) is playing volleyball this fall, and Elizabeth (7) is enrolled in ballet & tap dancing lessons. Michael (15), of course, refuses any extracurriculars that don't involve his laptop or his X-box 360.

Jonathan (DH) has returned to school for the fall. He is taking a course on Native American culture and a religion course through a private school which can provide him with a Bachelor's in Business Management. He continues to work full-time for WalMart while going to school, and each night around 9:30 one can find him readying for bedtime.

So, that is a general update on what everyone is up to. I won't usually belabor such "mundane" information in this blog, but I felt like I needed to establish a foundation for this blog I'm building. I hope to include family activities and pictures, personal thoughts and quirkiness, and anything else I come across that I think I might like to share. I hope you'll enjoy the journey with me! Until next time...


Lauren and Elizabeth overlooking the Snake River Canyon
Family capers at the Snake River


Happy seventh birthday, Elizabeth! Your present... the Pacific Ocean!
Happy 7th birthday, Elizabeth! You get an ocean!


Family capers at Oceanside, Oregon.
Family capers at Oceanside.


No comments: